Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Loss Without Losing

In a time... Where we accept that it's not our problem. I can't.

Two days ago now, something horrible happened. A life was taken, a young man dead. Not even getting to live his life.

Taken away by a tree, in a cabin, at a place that was safe.

Who's fault is it? Is it God's? How dare he send the wind?

Is it God's? How dare he allow a storm.

We look, we see, we're blind.

We blame anything but what it is.

A young man died, a young man dead, a young man taken before his time.

The winds come, the storms blow, the rain pelts the earth as the tears flow openly from those who loved him.

In a world where we can see death, we can watch it when it affects, and we pass it off as blame and do not care.

In a world where we are told we do not have the time to care.

In a world where we are told that we do not have to feel sorry for others.

In a world where we are told to be strong.

I stand up and I say, "You know nothing!"

In a world that says "It's not my business."

I say, "You are fool's."

This world is our business.

These people are our business.

This world, and everyone in it, can be affected in the way that things happen!

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT IS YOUR BUSINESS!

DO NOT TELL ME! THAT YOU WOULD NOT WANT LOVE!

You are foolish if you dare tell me that!

You're heart would break! You'd scream, the world would be without light for you!

You'd need love.

Do not tell me that I care too much!

Because of many years, I cared none. And now I stand in a pile of ashes, with my eyes open, and I see the pain.

Do not tell me, that it is not mine to deal with!

I HAVE A MOUTH! I HAVE A HEART! I HAVE A SOUL! I HAVE A DREAM! I HAVE A CARE! I HAVE A LOVE!

I CAN DO WHAT I CAN FOR THEM!

AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU CAN TOO!

Do not speak against them!

Do not say you are above them!

For those who are above, will one day fall.

For those who are too great, will one day be little.

For those who were first, they will be last.

For those who used others to gain where they stand, they will be thrown from where they are!

In this world, you are nothing, but in this world, you are everything!

Love, be loved, give love, show love, be love.

This is what we are called for.

The meaning of life, to love one another.

It is truly, that simple. Because that simple, is just that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment